We need a dope Art Director!
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Art Director assist the Studio Art Director with inspiring and driving the studio’s artistic vision and strategy across all of the studio’s projects and teams, to help ensure the success of the art teams and to further the studio’s overall business goals. The Art Director directs, coordinates and facilitates multiple business and artistic processes to enhance the division’s core business and standards of high-quality in accordance with the vision of the Studio.
The Art Director works closely with the studios Technical Director, and Product Development Director on the realization of our internal production, as well as playing a pivotal role in the development of studio’s training and recruitment efforts.
- Enforce the artistic organization of the company.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Responsible for the artistic direction, operations and processes for multiple projects.
- Plans and maintains art production schedules in collaboration with the Studios Art Director Project Managers and/or the Product Development Director for multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all artistic programs and activities; develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of departments; implement improvements as required.
- Recognizes and solves problems affecting art production including schedules, staff, quality, and order of production process.
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies and techniques to propose and recommend new methods to improve manageability and reliability.
- Executes and facilitates multiple re-engineering and process improvement initiatives related to the enhancement of the division’s art production and high-quality.
Skills & Requirements
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing artistic policies and strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage artistic activities.
- Strong proficiency with the most commonly used art software.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex projects within demanding timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation or a technology field (e.g., Computer Science; Computer Engineering)