Reporting to the Lead Artist and Art Director, the 2D/Concept Artist works within a team of artists to create 2D assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones. The 2D/Concept Artist is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advance/ intermediate texturing and or concept art and illustration experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline. The 2D/Concept artist’s main responsibilities will be creating illustrations, textures and/or concept art.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it – people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
Skills & Requirements
- Duties and Responsibilities…
- Ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artists guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives and milestones.
- You’ll be expected to continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
- Contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Expert in at least three areas of 2D artistic production.
- High level of drawing and illustration skills, able to work in both digital and traditional medium.
- Have a high understanding in Anatomy, perspective, lighting and rendering.
- Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
- Have a vast imagination, Ability to visualize and interpret other people ideas.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.